Do you want to learn how to build a bike from scratch? This 12 hour course takes place over four days and takes you through every stage of the bike building process – from the frame up! In the process, you gain familiarity with every part of your bike and increase your confidence doing bike mechanics. You also get a sweet bike and bragging rights out of the deal 😉
If you just want to learn how to do repairs on your existing bike, we also offer a 3-hour “Learn to Fix Your Own Bike” course.
Some of the things we will cover during the course are how to:
- Strip a bike
- Adjust or overhaul hubs
- True wheels
- Adjust or overhaul headset
- Adjust or replace bottom bracket
- Replace all cable and housing
- Set up and adjust brakes
- Set up and adjust shifting
- And more depending on the bike needs!
The cost of the course includes shop time, instruction from our expert bike mechanics, and a $50 credit for a used bike or parts from our shop to get you started. We also recommend that you budget a minimum of $500 for additional parts to complete the build. You are welcome to use parts from our shop, or bring your own parts in for the build.
* This class requires 2 participants minimum to run! If we do not get sufficient enrolment we will refund your fees or allow you to take the class at a different time.
The BYOB courses are only offered during the winter season
- All participants, staff, and instructors must wear a mask
- All participants over the age of 12 must show proof of vaccination in order to attend classes. More information about the BC Vaccine Card is available HERE.
- For classes and courses, participants must reserve their spot in class in advance. This can be done through our website, over the phone, or in-person at the shop.
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing stations are provided for use
- Everyone is assigned to a unique work-station/bike stand